axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Default bean mappings
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:46:46 GMT
Rich,

>You also need to worry about array mappings.

Not really. In WSDL they'll be generated properly anyways, and when it gets down to SOAP pipeline
it'll resolve it, for example, to ArrayDeserializer, which in turn would
componentType = context.getTypeMapping().getClassForQName(arrayItemType);
And that'll make it to the DefaultTypeMappingImpl and it's all good.
I don't think we'll have problems with arrays.

>If the JSR's came up with a namespace <-> package mapping I would be inclined to
do agree with you.

It's really the WSAWG or WSDWG or WS-I task to define how to map OO model hierarchy expressed
in the XML Schema in a WSDL. JSR would just interpret it for Java then.

>I would much prefer something like the following:
><namespaceMapping

It is indeed a better alternative to beanMappings, but I wanted to have something really simple.
For a simple Java classes being published I don't think the namespace mangling is really needed
unless some ambiguity resolution or a prototype WSDL compliance is needed. The Emitter is
already doing a good job by generating WSDL without any mappings present.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)