axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From obrand <obr...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: What should WSDL2Java generate on inheritance?
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2002 01:13:38 GMT
As I am reading the JAX-RPC specifications, on page 43 (5.4.1 XML 
Mapping), all the values in an XSD <all> construct should be mapped to a 
serializable field, therefore generating the methods getXX() and setXX().

When using SOAP Apache, I created a Castor (from exolab) 
Serializer/Deserializer. I will look into it in order to generate 
JAXP-RPC compliant objects (if it can be done of course).

Olivier

Glen Daniels wrote:

>+1 for instantiating classes for all subtypes of referenced types.  I think the simple
thing to do might really be to just generate *all* the types, but I guess the worry here is
that there will be huge commonly imported type library schemas of which only a few types are
referenced for a given service?
>
>--Glen
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: R J Scheuerle Jr [mailto:scheu@us.ibm.com]
>>Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 7:52 PM
>>To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
>>Cc: axis-dev@xml.apache.org; axis-user@xml.apache.org
>>Subject: RE: What should WSDL2Java generate on inheritance?
>>
>>
>>Let's say that Object had the attribute "abstract=true", then 
>>clearly the
>>Folder class should be generated since that would be the only 
>>type that
>>could
>>be instantiated and passed over the wire.
>>
>>--------------------------------------------------------------
>>--------------------------------------------------
>>
>>In the case that Object does not have the "abstract=true" 
>>attribute, then
>>either Object or Folder could be passed over the wire.   It certainly
>>wouldn't
>>offend me to generate both.  It certainly could offend a user 
>>if it didn't
>>generate Folder.
>>
>>+1 to generating both Object and Folder.
>>
>>So if an xml type is referenced, then all complexTypes that extend the
>>referenced type
>>should be marked as referenced.
>>
>>Rich Scheuerle
>>XML & Web Services Development
>>512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)
>>
>>
>>                                                              
>>                                                                      
>>                      "St-Germain,                            
>>                                                                      
>>                      Sylvain"                   To:       
>>axis-user@xml.apache.org, axis-dev@xml.apache.org             
>>           
>>                      <Sylvain.StGermain@        cc:          
>>                                                                      
>>                      cognos.com>                Subject:  
>>RE: What should WSDL2Java generate on inheritance?            
>>           
>>                                                              
>>                                                                      
>>                      02/04/2002 03:07 PM                     
>>                                                                      
>>                      Please respond to                       
>>                                                                      
>>                      axis-dev                                
>>                                                                      
>>                                                              
>>                                                                      
>>                                                              
>>                                                                      
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>Russel,
>>
>>You say "...But perhaps it SHOULD be generated because it 
>>COULD be used as
>>an Object?"
>>
>>I say: "It SHOULD be generated because it WILL be used."
>>
>>--
>>Sylvain
>>
>>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
>>Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 1:47 PM
>>To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
>>Cc: axis-user@xml.apache.org
>>Subject: What should WSDL2Java generate on inheritance?
>>
>>
>>Folks in axis-dev, there's a discussion going on in axis-user 
>>about what
>>WSDL2Java generates.  Given:
>>
>>>>  <complexType name="Object">
>>>>    <sequence>
>>>>          [...]
>>>>    </sequence>
>>>>  </complexType>
>>>>
>>>>  <complexType name="Folder">
>>>>    <complexContent>
>>>>      <extension base="types:Object">
>>>>        <sequence>
>>>>          [...]
>>>>        </sequence>
>>>>      </extension>
>>>>    </complexContent>
>>>>  </complexType>
>>>>
>>>>  <message name="addInput">
>>>>    <part name="input" type="types:Object"/>
>>>>  </message>
>>>>  <message name="addOutput">
>>>>    <part name="result" type="xsd:string"/>
>>>>  </message>
>>>>
>>>>  <operation name="add">
>>>>    <input message="cm:addInput"/>
>>>>    <output message="cm:addOutput"/>
>>>>  </operation>
>>>>
>>There are 2 types here:  Object, and Folder (for which Object 
>>is the base).
>>Object is generated because it's in the addInput message 
>>which is in the
>>add operation.  Folder is NOT generated because it isn't referenced
>>anywhere.  But perhaps it SHOULD be generated because it 
>>COULD be used as
>>an Object?
>>
>>Question:  what is the right thing to do?
>>
>>Russell Butek
>>butek@us.ibm.com
>>
>>This message may contain privileged and/or confidential 
>>information.  If
>>you
>>have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended 
>>recipient, you
>>may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any
>>attachments, delete it immediately from your system and 
>>notify the sender
>>promptly by e-mail that you have done so.  Thank you.
>>
>>
>>
>


Mime
View raw message