axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Philosophical question about WSDL and web service frameworks
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2002 14:48:05 GMT
James, AXIS DOES want to support all valid schema types, but we're not
there, yet.  To work our way there, we had to decide what to do first.  One
of the drivers of this is the JAX-RPC spec.  Anne points out that the order
stuff uses xsd:choice, which is optional (and undefined) in JAX-RPC, so
we've been ignoring it.  You may be the first person to ask for it.

Another item that you use that we don't support is xsd:NMTOKEN.

If you have some suggestions as to how we'd map these to Java, we'd like to
hear them.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Anne Thomas Manes" <anne@manes.net> on 01/14/2002 02:44:18 AM