axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Multithread test failures?
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:49:19 GMT
Glyn also saw a failure in this test, but he isn't able to reproduce it
now.  I've never seen it myself.  I gave him this version of the test to
hopefully get us more info, but he hasn't seen the problem since then:
(See attached file: MultithreadTestCase.java).  It just has an extra
printStackTrace that should probably be incorporated into the test anyway,
but I'm not terribly familiar with junit, so I'm not sure how to do it
right.  Perhaps you could show me?

Since we now have 2 folks seeing it, it looks like I'll have to revisit
this thing.  Bummer.  My only guess about what that cryptic error means is
that it's missing a deserializer.  When Glyn saw it, there were a number of
recent changes in the code that I suspected he might not have picked up,
and that might have caused this problem.  He got a new build and didn't see
it for a while.  But then he saw the problem again, so that can't be the
resolution.  I'm hoping we can see the failure with a complete stack trace.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com> on 01/16/2002 04:06:41 PM