axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <>
Subject RE: WSDL4J bug
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2002 21:49:45 GMT
The WSDL4J bug is a primary problem with emitting overloaded methods, but
I'm worried that there are other problems.  For example, deploy.wsdd just
has method names.  Does it matter if an overloaded name appears only once?
Or that it appears multiple times?  I THINK either will work, but neither
is fully correct because that doesn't allow us to restrict one of the
overloaded methods and allow another.  I'm not sure what other problems
we'll run into.

Russell Butek

"Chris Haddad" <> on 01/22/2002 02:28:32 PM

Please respond to

To:    <>
Subject:    RE: WSDL4J bug

Russell -

Is the WSDL4J bug you reported the root cause of errors when emitting
overloaded methods using Wsdl2Java?

Attached is an example WSDL file and the resultant SoapBindingStub which
does not compile due to an error in the parameter definitions?

The main snippet is the following:
   <wsdl:message name="getFlightInfoResponse1">
      <wsdl:part type="tns2:FlightInfo"/>

   <wsdl:message name="getFlightInfoResponse">
      <wsdl:part type="tns2:FlightInfo"/>

   <wsdl:message name="getFlightInfoRequest">

   <wsdl:message name="getFlightInfoRequest1">
      <wsdl:part name="idRef" type="xsd:string"/>
      <wsdl:operation name="getFlightInfo">
         <wsdl:input message="intf:getFlightInfoRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output message="intf:getFlightInfoResponse"/>

      <wsdl:operation name="getFlightInfo" parameterOrder="idRef">
         <wsdl:input message="intf:getFlightInfoRequest1"/>
         <wsdl:output message="intf:getFlightInfoResponse1"/>

In the SoapBindingStub class, the overloaded method is not being emitted

    public stub.FlightInfo getFlightInfo(java.lang.String idRef) throws
java.rmi.RemoteException{) is being declared twice instead of once and
an additional declaration with no parameters.

Am I doing something wrong?

Chris Haddad
Cobia Communications  - XML and Web Service Solutions
678 431 1656