axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: JWS and Java package names
Date Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:38:00 GMT
Copied the StockQuoteService.jws file into a "com" dir, added "package
com;" and did:
java samples.stock.GetQuote -l
http://localhost:8080/axis/com/StockQuoteService.jws IBM
and it seemed to work for me.  Is there some other variation I need to try?
-Dug

"Mark Volkmann" <volkmann2@charter.net> on 01/21/2002 01:45:14 PM

To:    <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    JWS and Java package names

At one point Java classes that had package statements could be deployed as
web services using JWS. I know because I requested that feature and it was
added a couple of days later. I verified that it worked. If the package was
com.ociweb.test then the JWS file needed to be placed in
webapps/com/ociweb/test of the server.

This no longer seems to work. Is it really a requirement that all JWS
classes cannot have a package statement?