axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Scott Hinkelman" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: binding attribute: wsdl generation /and or WSDL spec potential problem
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 14:05:36 GMT
Simon,
Conceptually you are correct.
The formal definition in A 4.1 of [1] indicates otherwise:

                <element name="port" type="wsdl:portType"/>
                <complexType name="portType">
                   <complexContent>
                <extension base="wsdl:documented">
                <sequence>
                <any namespace="##other" minOccurs="0"/>
               </sequence>
                   <attribute name="name" type="NCName" use="required"/>
                   <attribute name="binding" type="QName" use="required"/>
                </extension>
               </complexContent>
               </complexType>

This is what I am refering to. It appears the formal definition may be in
question,
or at the least inconsistent with the informal (prose) definition.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/wsdl

Thanks,
Scott
______________
Scott Hinkelman, Senior Software Engineer
XML Industry Enablement
IBM e-business Standards Strategy
512-823-8097 (TL 793-8097) (Cell: 512-415-8490)
srh@us.ibm.com, Fax: 512-838-1074

                      Simon Fell

                      <soap@zaks.demon.        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      co.uk>                   cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: binding attribute: wsdl generation
/and or WSDL spec potential problem
                      01/06/2002 06:37

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

There is no binding attribute on the portType element. Nor does it
make any sense for there to be one, the portType is an abstract
interface definition, there can be 0..n implementations [bindings] of
that particular portType.

Cheers
Simon
www.pocketsoap.com

axis-dev@xml.apache.org

axis-dev@xml.apache.org

>                                               Subject:  Re: binding
attribute: wsdl generation /and or WSDL spec potential problem