axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Axis interop problems (Sam Please Read)
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2002 20:54:09 GMT
Ok, so we have decided that arrays can't be multi-ref'd.

I am making the change now and will do some testing...there is at least one
testcase that is affected.

I will also include comments in the code indicating the pros/cons of each
of the 3 options that we discussed.

Thanks for the robust discussion.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Sam

                      Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: Axis interop problems (Sam Please
Read)
                      01/29/2002 01:55

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

Rich Scheuerle wrote:

> If you want to make the point that arrays are not full-fledged objects,
> than the code should be changed to indicate that arrays are never
> multi-ref'ed.

Works for me.

> Sounds like you want to 'special-case' the the multi-refness of an array
> by what it contains.

No question about it - your solution is cleaner.

> As far as interop is concerned.   I am 100% behind interop deciding the
> answer when in doubt.

+1

- Sam Ruby