axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From 9637...@knotes.kodak.com
Subject possible bug
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:12:33 GMT
From: Matthew Bowersox

The axis classloader is based on a parent classloader derived from the
thread context. I suspect that the assumption that the classloader derived
from the thread context should be able to load the j2ee web container
classes for axis is false. This behavior  breaks axis on the atg dynamo
version 5.5 application server. I patched AxisClassLoader  by having it
instantiate a class in an axis package, then  calling getClass
().getClassloader() on this axis packaged class as a way to ensure gaining
refererence to the j2ee application classloader. the servlet spec is
somewhat fuzzy in this regard. it manadates a sperate clasloader for each
j2ee app but does not specify the required mechanism to gain a reference to
it. and certainly does not prescribe that the current thread object  use
the same classlaoder as it is quite conceivable that the thread object be
part of the application server proper not a particular web container.

thoughts?

Matt Bowersox