axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Could we please take a second and discuss AxisClassloader (3r d attempt)
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2002 22:17:37 GMT

Hi Matt:

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you!

You raise an interesting point, and one which has certainly come up before in various guises.

>From the perspective of a JRun developer, your trick won't work, because JRun loads Axis
with a "server-wide" classloader which is higher up the tree than the webapp classloader (which
is the one you want).

Could you explain how things work in Dynamo so that the current thread classloader in a servlet
invocation does NOT have access to the WEB-INF classes?

(isn't there some servlet 2.3 standard way of getting at the webapp classloader?)

--Glen