axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: c++ client lib for axis from Sri Lanka
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2002 13:53:00 GMT
Hi Sanjiva!

> I have been working with a few volunteers from Sri Lanka to build
> a C++ SOAP client lib with the intention of donating it to Axis.
> There is now a reasonable amount of code and its working sufficiently
> to get it to a wider audience to improve / absorb / adopt / etc..

Cool!

> Given my background in Apache SOAP I have probably over-influenced
> it in that direction instead of Axis' ;-). I think over time it'll be
> nice for both libs to have the same architecture, but to me
> the critical
> thing right now is a working C++ client library for Axis.

Hm....

> So, I'd like to commit the code on behalf of the authors (Lilantha
> Dharshana <Lilantha@eRunway.com>, Chamindra de Silva
> <Chamindra@eRunway.com>
> and Satheesh Thurairajah <Satheesh@eRunway.com>). I didn't write any
> of the code (even though I intended) .. so I'll only continue in an
> advisory capacity. However, they intend to work on this code into the
> future of course.
>
> Can we please take +1/-1/+0/-0 vote and decide what to do?

Could you send a few key *.h files to the list so we can take a look at the structure of the
thing?  I guess I'm a +0 leaning towards a +1 anyway, but I'd prefer to see what it looks
like first.

Actually, I take that back - I'm a solid +1 to checking it in under axis/contrib.  I'm +0
to checking it under axis/cpp until seeing it.

--Glen