axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Geuer-Pollmann <geuer-pollm...@nue.et-inf.uni-siegen.de>
Subject RE: Today's IRC log (about security)
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2002 08:46:16 GMT
Hi all,

>> It certainly does not look pretty with Axis right now, but before any
> modifications are done, I suggest to have a little conceptual discussion
> take place. To be >more specific:
>>
>> 1. Should Axis implement SOAP-SEC or WS-Security or both? WS-Security
> seems to cover authentication/authorization as well as
> integrity/encryption. It also >seems more extensible.

A first idea about a connection between xm-axis and xml-security would that
the interface code is added to the xml-security code base.

This code is compiled if xml-axis is available and it could look like that
you create a SOAPSigner or a SOAPVerifier which (in a first step) sign or
verify a org.apache.axis.Message object.

Christian