axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Theodore W. Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: XML Security Job Offer: Axis Connector
Date Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:32:13 GMT
I forgot to mention that the patches crosschecked fine.

I've run into some difficulty - I discovered that I don't under stand
the details of handlers well enough.

1. I just wrote a handler that was a subclass of BasicHandler.  But I'm
not sure how to get it inserted into the client's handler chain

2. In my client handler, I just grab the envelope out of the request
message an construct a SignedSOAPEnvelope from it.  Then I stuff that
new envelope into a new message and call setCurrentMessage on the
MessageContext to "put it back" and let it flow down the handler chain.
But I am not sure this is the right usage model for Handlers.  Is there
something else I can read or can someone enlighten me more on the nitty
gritty of handlers.  I've attached my start at a client handler.

I'm keeping this note to axis-dev since it has more to do w/ Axis than
security.

Ted

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 06:31, Davanum Srinivas wrote:
> Thanks Ted...Checked in the Patches, please cross-check.
>
> Also,
> Can you please add a Client Side Handler? So that all messages are "automatically" signed?
One