axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Fell" <s...@zaks.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Problem with parameter order on server side
Date Mon, 07 Jan 2002 18:51:35 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Butek" <butek@us.ibm.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2002 10:34 AM
Subject: Problem with parameter order on server side

> It looks like we've got a parameter order problem on the server.  AXIS
> assumes an order.  SOAP messages do not guarantee any order.  Assume we
> have the following interface:

That depends on whether you're doing section 7 RPC or not, 7.1 bullet 3 is
"Each [in] or [in/out] parameter is viewed as an accessor, with a name
corresponding to the name of the parameter and type corresponding to the
type of the parameter. These appear in the same order as in the method
signature."

So for section 7 RPC, both name and order are important.
http://web3.w3.org/TR/SOAP/#_Toc478383533

Cheers
Simon
www.pocketsoap.com