axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Generated Service interface?
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2001 16:41:04 GMT
Right now WSDL2Java generates a Service implementation from the
wsdl:service.  About this implementation JAX-RPC says:

"A service class implements one of the following interfaces:
- The base javax.xml.rpc.Service interface directly, or,
- A generated service interface."

We don't do either, now, but I'm going to fix WSDL2Java to do at least the
first.  My question to the group is:  does anyone have a need for us to
generate a service interface?  From an OO point of view it's a reasonable
thing to do, but does anyone have a practical reason for it?  There have
been a number of grumblings about the proliferation of generated files.  If
I can avoid generating one more, I'd like to do so.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com