axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Alpha 3 status
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2001 13:47:13 GMT
+1

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Glen Daniels" <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 11/30/2001 05:17:46 PM

To:   <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  Alpha 3 status

Here's the current deal on alpha-3.

1) There have been a lot of changes recently.
2) The WSDL4J guys are going to do a snapshot release sometime Mondayish
3) There are a few more things we need to solidify before we release

Therefore, the following plan arises:

* We get a few things finished this weekend (doc / examples walkthrough,
undeployment, etc.)

* We cut a branch in the source tree on Monday which becomes alpha-3.
Development continues on the main branch during a "burn-in" period where we
ask the community for heavy testing of alpha-3.

* Sam will act as release manager for alpha-3.  This means he'll review
individual changes and decide on merging them into the branch if they're
appropriate for the release (i.e. important bug fixes).

* We cut a final alpha-3 release around Wednesday

Sound good?

--Glen