axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WASP & Axis
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 16:41:02 GMT
I'm up for working on whatever is the best implementation.
Whether that's Axis, SOAP v2 or WASP doesn't really matter
to me.  So, from me: Yes I'm willing.
I think your idea of submitting the C++ version first
is a great one if you don't want us to see the java version.
My only concern is that from an end-user's perspective will
it seem odd that there is no relationship at all between
how the C and Java versions work?  Obviously because they're
different languages there will be differences but if the
entire architecture and way of working with things is so
different it might be a turn-off to some.  So, I suspect
that having the two will force a decision that will either
cause the C version to be rewritten to mirror the Java one
or the Java one will become like the C version (ie. WASP).
Either way - that might be a nice way to work it.
-Dug

"Radovan Janecek" <janecek@systinet.com> on 12/05/2001 10:44:52 AM