axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Doug Davis" <>
Subject Re: WASP & Axis
Date Wed, 05 Dec 2001 13:56:38 GMT
Sam wrote:
>There are also other questions in my mind, but maybe it is enough for now.
>I'd like to hear your and other Axis developers opinions on this. I can
>easily imagine that Axis developers won't be happy with starting new 'Axis
>3' project in the near future just because Systinet offers its framework
>Apache. :-)

I glad someone else said this first  :-) ... nothing against Systinet or
the "unknown code" but I'm confused why it appears like we're
ready to dump Axis in favor of something that we know next to nothing
about?  Shouldn't ALL of this discussion of grabbing someone's code
be done AFTER we actually look at the code?  Even if we like the
architecture that does not mean we'll automatically like the code.
And, btw, I don't think anyone has actually voted on replacing
Axis' architecture with a new one.  I would feel much more comfortable
with all of this if we actually had something tangible to look at
and play with - it seems like we should decide IF we want something
before we decide WHERE we want it.  I see us discussing WHERE before
the IF.

View raw message