axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: --package switch for Wsdl2java
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 13:13:07 GMT
-1 from me (I'm sure you expected this, Tom!).  I'd rather you didn't do
this.  But if I lose, PLEASE add to the user's guide (and maybe even a
brief warning in the usage statement itself) warning against using it and
why.  I'd be even happier if you generated a brief warning at runtime, too.

Let me reiterate once again why this is bad.  This option puts everything
in the same package, regardless of namespace.  First of all, this goes
against JAX-RPC.  Secondly, XML namespaces are confusing to most people.
If we don't treat them properly, we will just add to the confusion.  Much
of our WSDL and all of the WSDL from elsewhere that we use already have
multiple namespaces, typically one for the WSDL objects and another for the
schema types.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Tom Jordahl <tomj@macromedia.com> on 12/03/2001 05:28:06 PM