axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Duftler" <duft...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Code updates...
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:14:03 GMT

Hi Sam,

WSDL4J should be able to process it. I figured out what it is. I changed
the code yesterday to not check for the ".wsdl" suffix when resolving
imported documents. I should have had it check the qualified name of the
document element of the imported document before calling readWSDL(...) with
it. Instead, I figured the logic in parseDefinitions(...) would complain if
it encountered something other than <wsdl:definitions>. That's what's going
on below. If you don't set the verbose property (in your test driver) to
false, you can see which file it's complaining about.

I'll change the code so it has the same behavior as before when it
encounters something other than a wsdl document. That is, the
javax.wsdl.Import will be created, but the imported non-wsdl document
itself will not be parsed.

In short, the code will allow importing of wsdl documents with file
suffixes other than .wsdl, and will not complain when it encounters
something else, like a .xsd file (which is what it is doing now).

The fix should be committed shortly.

Thanks,
-Matt

                    Sam

                    Ruby/Raleigh/I       To:     jsr110-eg-disc@yahoogroups.com

                    BM@IBMUS             cc:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                                         Subject:     Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Code updates...

                    12/03/2001

                    09:40 PM

                    Please respond

                    jsr110-eg-disc

Axis has a wsdl definition that could be read by WSDL4J yesterday, but
fails now.  Can I get somebody to take a look at it to see if there is
something wrong with the WSDL or if WSD4J should in fact be able to process
it?

Simple test case is included in the zip.  To compile and run, simply:

   javac wsdl.java
   java wsdl test/import_/Import.wsdl

The output currently produced is:

WSDLException (at /definitions/import[1]): faultCode=INVALID_WSDL: Expected
element 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/:definitions'.:
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.checkElementName(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseDefinitions(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
        at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.parseImport(Unknown Source)
[...]
        at wsdl.main(wsdl.java:10)
Exception in thread "main"

- Sam Ruby

(See attached file: wsdl4j-test.zip)