axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: --package switch for Wsdl2java
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2001 17:06:13 GMT
Tom Jordal wrote:

> On re-reading the section, here is what is vague:
>
> Section 4.3.1:
> "Note that the JAX-RPC 1.0 specification does not specify the standard
> mapping of a namespace definition (in a WSDL document) to the
corresponding
> Java package name."
>
> So there is no specified way to convert a namespace to a package name.

I personally don't find that vague.  There is no standard mapping (e.g.,
convert slashes to underscores) between namespaces and packages.  This
means that an option like --PkgToNS is required so that the user can
provide the additional information.

> I think that was a little condescending Sam.  Please stop it.

I apologize if made the statement in a way that offended you, but it
remains my opinion that this discussion has gotten emotional.

And I stand by my opinion that every few months voting to add and remove a
function is not my idea of fun.

- Sam Ruby