axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject [FIX]: WSDDService/WSDDDeployableItem.makeNewInstance do not name the service instance
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2001 00:49:55 GMT
I have come across a bug when trying to use SOAPService.getName (or any Handler.getName). It
is always null. In fact it has always been null, but after a while it becomes annoying to
fix it in the application code all the time. Following is the CVS diff for the fix.

Actually all cases of makeNewInstance need this fix, including top WSDDDeployableItem. The
CVS diff is included too.
This one manifests itself in a really ugly way when I'd try to service.getPivotHandler().getName().equals(...),
I obviously get null ptr exception. Somehow this one used to work in alpha2.

Please review the fixes and possibly commit them. Thanks.
This is a post-alpha2 roadblock again :).

!!Another point is that String should really be replaced by QName in case of Handler.getName
and setName. It would require matching changes in several other places in Axis. I think it
is worth it, but can be done later when really needed. I don't see any problems for Axis in
doing that. It is internal Axis business. What does community think about this proposed change?

RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/deployment/wsdd/WSDDService.java,v
retrieving revision 1.26
diff -r1.26 WSDDService.java
208a209
>         service.setName(getQName().getLocalPart());

RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/deployment/wsdd/WSDDDeployableItem.java,v
retrieving revision 1.21
diff -r1.21 WSDDDeployableItem.java
319a320

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)