axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject Fix for inconsitency of WSDDProvider.registerProvider
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2001 23:27:51 GMT
As post alpha2 deployment architecture changed, I was trying to register a custom provider
(as an alternative to registering a generic handler). WSDDProvider API allows me to, but there
is inconsistency with the rest of the code: everywhere the assumption is that WSDDProvider.providers
hashtable contains instances of WSDDProvider, the registerProvider API takes class, and obviously,
there is no way to cast an object to a class. WSDDProvider.providers hashtable is also declared
private, so there is no way around -- the API has to be fixed. The already existing static
code block in the beginning of the WSDDProvider.java validates my suggestion.

Here is the CVS diff with a very simple fix. Can anyone commit this? Thanks.

RCS file: /home/cvspublic/xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/deployment/wsdd/WSDDProvider.java,v
retrieving revision 1.14
diff -r1.14 WSDDProvider.java
105c105
<     public static void registerProvider(String uri, Class _class)
---
>     public static void registerProvider(QName uri, WSDDProvider prov)
107c107
<         providers.put(uri, _class);
---

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)