axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Test organization
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 21:24:44 GMT

Yup, I mean all tests that start with WSDL and generate code which then gets
compiled.

I'd prefer to see all the "engine-related" tests NOT require the
proxygen/compile step - I'm fine with people using WSDL to write/structure
such tests, but IMHO those are cases where the test author should generate
the proxy code and check it in, avoiding that step in the actual run of the
test.  Unit tests are about isolation, so ideally the test for datatypes
(for instance) shouldn't get perturbed if a bug gets introduced in the WSDL
code.

--Glen