axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject Test organization
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:22:23 GMT

Can I make a restructuring suggestion for the tests?

In particular, I'd like to put forward the idea that we move all the
wsdl-related tests into test.wsdl.*.

There are two reasons for this.  First, the top-level test directory is
getting somewhat cluttered.  Second, if you use an IDE (as many of us do),
the test area won't build correctly outside the context of an ant build
because of all the stub generation that needs to happen.  It's possible to
exclude certain directories from the build, but each time a new test dir
which uses wsdl appears at the top level, you need to go do that again.
Moving them down into wsdl/ would enable us to just exclude that one
directory and be done with it, centralizing all the tests which use
generated code.

Thoughts?

--Glen