axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Repackaging emitter code
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2001 22:07:38 GMT

I would prefer not to disturb the current order of things in such a drastic
manner.    If it aint broke don't fix it.  Do we think the current layout is
broken?

I would probably support Russell's idea of keeping the wsdl name instead of
emitter.  I am not a big fan of 'w2j' and 'j2w', but I can't come up with
much better replacements.  I think I prefer the current wsdl & wsdlgen.

I created Wsdl2java.  The only reason I put the capitol 'W' on it in the
first place is because "class names start with capitol letters".  I would
prefer 'wsdl2java', but I don't expect to get much support for that. :-)

In summary, I think I would leave things as they are.  I wouldn't say much
if we wanted to normalize to Wsdl2Java and Java2Wsdl.  The point has been
made previous that it should be WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL.  I guess I don't
feel strongly about it since all lowercase isn't an option.

That didn't really help at all, did it? :-)
(well, it isn't like this is the --package switch or anything!)

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: R J Scheuerle Jr [mailto:scheu@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, December 07, 2001 3:58 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Repackaging emitter code

A request was made from Greg Truty to repackage the emitters in a more
consistent way.

Can we agree on an approach.

Here is one approach to prime the pump

package org.apache.axis.emitter
       contains classes common to multiple emitters
       contains Java2Wsdl & Wsdl2Java classes

package.org.apache.axis.emitter.w2j
      contains classes classes specific to Wsdl2Java

package org.apache.axis.emitter.j2w
      contains classes specific to Java2Wsdl

Comments?

Rich Scheuerle