axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <g...@iddo.fsnet.co.uk>
Subject Re: Using JNDI from Web Service
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2001 20:00:12 GMT
Mark,

You question was couched in general terms and, in general, the answer is 'no' - you can't
use JNDI from a web service implementation as the implementation may not be in Java. ;-)

For Java implementations, the answer is not always going to be 'yes', firstly because JNDI
may not be available on the platform and secondly because the appropriate J2EE container type
supporting the special java:comp/env namespace may not be available.

However, in the specific case of Axis, I'll have to pass as I'm not sure whether the intention
is to provide a J2EE container environment. Perhaps someone else knows the intended direction
of Axis in this respect.

Glyn Normington