axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Life after service response?
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:35:18 GMT
+1 on seeing undo getting undone. ;-)

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9

To:     <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:        Re: Life after service response?

I'd like to see undo() taken out totally. The semantics of
undo() in the context of chains of handlers is pretty flaky.

The difficulty I have with Rick's proposal (below) is that it
requires the service implementation to be Axis-aware. The right
way is for something like JSR 109 to define the J2EE standard
way for a service implementation to interact with the service
container.

In the meantime I can see the need to experiment with proper
service <-> container in Axis for example, but few customers
would be willing to commit to such as API (my intuition).

Sanjiva.