axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Internationalization question
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 22:16:21 GMT
We have 2 'tools' in AXIS (at least that's all I know about):  tcpmon and
Wsdl2java.

tcpmon was designed to be it's own beast independent of AXIS and because of
this I'm going to create a separate properties file for it's translatable
messages.

But what about Wsdl2java?  It doesn't depend on AXIS, but it's certainly
more in cahoots with AXIS than tcpmon.  If I put Wsdl2java strings into
org/apache/axis/utils/resources.properties, then it will now have a
dependency on AXIS (the properties file and JavaUtils).  But is that bad?
Will Wsdl2java ever exist outside of AXIS?

I am inclined to simply treat Wsdl2java like all other axis code wrt
internationalization.  If we decide to tear it away in the future we can
revisit the issue then.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com