axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Some updates to the code...
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 16:23:30 GMT
Hi Matt -

In case you were not aware (though undoubtably you are), Axis is an early
adopter of this technology.  The changes you made last night affect our
usage.  You can see the implications of these changes here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-11-21/xml-axis.html .  We
recognize that we are early adopters and that the specifications are not
yet done, so these types of changes are clearly not unexpected.  We intend
to keep up, in fact the changes required to Axis are already committed!

The only thing I would like to ask is that whenever possible consider the
early adopters in your thought process and perhaps communicate these
changes a wee bit before they are commited...  In fact, feel free to look
at the Axis implementation at any time to let us know if you see any
assumptions we may be making that are, in your opinion, unexpected or
unwise.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby