axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL4J & yesterday's IRC log - problems with getting RPC info
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 06:46:51 GMT
Hmmm.... an Spec/API that doesn't work well for the majority of cases that
it's used for is not a good Spec/API.

As Glen points out in his other message, RPC-style services do represent
the vast majority of services being implemented.  And I'd have to agree
that WSDL's message definitions are not geared very well towards RPC
interfaces. Perhaps a bit more consideration on that part of WSDL is
warranted.  But, as you mention, it would just be nice if the workgroup
would actually get started so that we can start to address these kinds of
issues.

(to tell the truth, I'd like to see a bit of improvement in the way WSDL
defines non-rpc interfaces also, but that's another discussion altogether)

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9