axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject JavaStubWriter: Utils.capitalizeFirstChar(qn.getLocalPart()?
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 03:05:20 GMT
In order to improve interoperability, I was looking into distinguishing
between void returns and returns of values that happened to be null on this
call.  Unit tests all passed, but Test
test.clash.AirportWeather_ServiceTestCase failed.  These tests were run
with null results previously, and so now would actually attempt to
serialize results as xsi:nil="true".

 The error I got was  "Deserializing parameter 'getLocationResult':  could
not find deserializer for type http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema:String

The actual localPart in the qname is supposed to be string (all lowercase).

Looking at JavaStubWriter, I see several instances of:

            String typeString = "new org.apache.axis.encoding.XMLType( new
javax.xml.rpc.namespace.QName(\"" + qn.getNamespaceURI() + "\", \"" +
                    Utils.capitalizeFirstChar(qn.getLocalPart()) + "\"))";

It is my guess that any time you want to deal with the QName as a QName you
want to do so ASIS - at least for BaseJavaTypes.

This failure was only masked by the choice to use nulls in the test, and
the way nulls are currently handled.  Any other values would likely fail.

- Sam Ruby