axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: tcpmon improvements
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2001 15:14:35 GMT
Thanks for the comments Dug.

So instead of a POST or OP column, could we have an INFO column that would
contain some kind of information
about the message.  (So if it were a SOAP message it might contain the
operation name).  I know this sounds a little hokey, but
in the current form there is really no way to look at whole list of
messages and pick the one that I am interested in.
Maybe this is as simple as exposing the first line of the message as a
field?

Certainly a Find pop-up would be helpful

Thanks

Rich Scheuerle
ORB/IDLC Development
512-838-5115  (TL 678-5115)

                    "Doug Davis"

                    <dug@us.ibm.co       To:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                    m>                   cc:

                                         Subject:     Re: tcpmon improvements

                    11/02/2001

                    09:00 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

I have some concerns about this...while tcpmon is written
under Axis, my goal was to try to avoid making it too SOAP
(and even HTTP) specific.  I've tried to make it just listen on
sockets and that's about it.  Granted there are some cases
where we do look at GET/POST and do something but
if those aren't there we'll just keep going.  So a POST column
might not be appropriate - but need to think about it.
An OP column is truly too SOAP specific.  A Find pop-up could
be really cool though!
-Dug

R J Scheuerle Jr/Austin/IBM@IBMUS on 11/02/2001 09:56:17 AM