axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Status update: Axis w/Xerces2
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:14:51 GMT
Elena Litani wrote:

> I've applied the fix to AbstractSAXParser in CVS. Attributes.getURI()
> will now return "" (instead of null) so you should not get NPE for
> Attributes.getValue(). I've tested the fix with the test case Dims
> provided.
> Sam, let me know if the fix works for you

Much better.  Xerces2 even found a bug inside of an Axis unit test.  ;-)

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The value of the attribute "xmlns:m" is
invalid. Prefixed namespace bindings may not be empty.
        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown
Source)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

This was not caught with Xerces1 or Crimson...

- Sam Ruby