axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL4J & types
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:22:41 GMT
I am in favor of dealing with the Elements directly and appending schema
and other schema specific elements.
Why?
     There are not a whole lot of situations that have to be supported.
     Only complexTypes, arrays, and possibly enumerations.
     I don't want to have a thick layer of code.  If and when WSDL4J
     provides better support for this, the code can be changed.
     This approach is working fairly well in the Wsdl2Java emitter.  I
     believe that it is even easier in Java2Wsdl.

Other Comments?

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                    Ravi Kumar

                    <rkumar@borlan       To:     axis-dev <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    d.com>               cc:

                                         Subject:     WSDL4J & types

                    11/27/2001

                    03:50 PM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

Folks,

In just pulled the latest wsdl4j code - I noticed the following:

Definitions interface methods
    Element getTypesElement()
    setTypesElement(Element)
have been replaced with
    Types getTypes()
    setTypes(Types)

I looked at the Types code. It's basically an interface to handle
Extensibility elements - similar to the ones for soap, http, etc

I am somewhat confused as to what is the right way to deal with types
with the current wsdl4j code?

I can do something straight forward like

Doc doc = getDocument(defintion);
Element types =
   doc.getElementsByTagNameNS("types",
                   doc.getNameSpaceURI()).item(0);

and then deal with the Elements types directly appending schema and
other schema specific nodes.

Alternatively, the WSDL mechanism seem to suggest an implementation for
the Extensibility interfaces such as

SimpleTypeExtensibilityElement.java
SimpleTypeExtensionSerailizer.java
SimpleTypeExtensionDeserailizer.java

ComplexTypeExtensibilityElement.java
ComplexTypeExtensionSerailizer.java
ComplexTypeExtensionDeserailizer.java

Is this is what the WSDL4J folks intend to do? If so, could any one in
the "know" please comment on the status of that?

BTW, why are types treated as Extensibility elements? Are they?

Rgds
Ravi