axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Internationalization
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 22:09:44 GMT
All right, folks.  I've converted all the AXIS code to use our new
internationalization scheme.  So now please keep in mind, if you include
English-language strings in any new code you develop, these strings MUST be
internationalized.  What does this mean?  For details, read the System
Integration Guide (xml-axis/java/docs/integration-guide.html).  In short,
where you might have written:  System.out.println("Hi there"); you now:

1.  Add to org/apache/axis/utils/resources.properties:  hi00=Hi there
2.  Write:  System.out.println(JavaUtils.getMessage("hi00"));

Not too painful.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com