axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Offer help
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2001 19:42:54 GMT
WOW!  A documentation volunteer!  Yes!  We are sorely in need of
documentation!

We actually DO have a users guide:  xml-axis/java/docs/user-guide.html
Glen put a fair bit of work into it, though I suspect he'd like it to grow
even more.  Glen?

And I agree with you about the lack of javadoc info.  Our coding convention
requires us to put in javadoc comments, but too often we slip into the
one-liner approach.

I guess the next step is the same as we'd do for anyone wanting to
contribute code.  You provide us with some documentation - user's guide or
javadocs - and if we like it one of the committers will check it in.  Do
that a couple times to prove that you're serious and we'll make you a
committer.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Saradhi Vemuri <saradhivs@yahoo.com> on 11/08/2001 01:08:28 PM