axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Internationalization question
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2001 14:15:33 GMT
Being new to apache, I haven't a clue how to move Wsdl2java to its own
project.  I wouldn't have a problem with it, I just don't know what it
takes.

If we DID move it, though, we'd still have part of it - probably the
biggest part - in AXIS.  We're moving the design of Wsdl2java in a
direction where the AXIS-specific stuff is separable from the WSDL stuff
(ie, WSDL4J and DOM structures + a few of our own) so that someone could
write their own back-end code generators.  So if this WERE in it's own
project, it wouldn't be a very big project since most of the design is
WSDL4J and DOM.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Sanjiva Weerawarana" <sanjiva@watson.ibm.com> on 11/11/2001 08:42:52 AM