axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <>
Subject RE: Test question
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 21:16:42 GMT
Is 'ant clean all' what happens automagically nightly?

For some reason that doesn't work for me.  I've been doing 'rm -rf build'
instead of 'ant clean'.  Any notions?

> ant clean all
Buildfile: build.xml

   [delete] Deleting directory C:\xml-axis\java\build

C:\xml-axis\java\build.xml:396: Unable to delete file C:

Total time: 2 seconds

Russell Butek

Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS on 11/05/2001 03:02:37 PM

Please respond to

Subject:  RE: Test question

Just run:   ant clean all

Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS on 11/05/2001 03:52:07 PM

Please respond to

Ahhh...  Things are a bit clearer.  I wasn't aware of all-tests or junit.
So before I commit major changes I should really be running ant all-tests,
not ant functional-tests.  Thanks for the clarification.

Next questions:  are all these ant variants documented somewhere?  what's
run automatically?  ant all-tests?

Russell Butek

Glen Daniels <> on 11/05/2001 10:06:36 AM

Please respond to

Hi Russell!

These are part of the unit tests, and get run with "ant junit" or "ant
all-tests" or...

Unit tests test small, well defined pieces of code.  Functional tests test
"end-to-end" system behavior, which is why we have the whole
spawn-a-server-then-call-it pattern.  It so happens we use JUnit as a
framework for both kinds of tests.

View raw message