axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Updates to WSDL4J
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:29:55 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:

> -1 to updating wsdl4j nightly.
>
> I would be very +1 to only using released/snapshot versions of wsdl4j.
> I am NOT a fan of syncing with a source tree that changes daily.

We have a timing problem.

WSDL4J is due to have a snapshot this week, and so do we.  Should we ship
the next alpha with an old snapshot of WSDL4J or against the current
snapshot?

I'd like to stay current, but an overriding consideration is whether or not
any specific version allows us to pass our own test suite.  The last time
WSDL4J changed, Dims made the changes and since the results passed our
tests, he committed them.  This time, I made the same judgement call.

Remember: all Gump does is inform us of potential incompatibilities looming
ahead.  It is up to us to decide on a case by case basis how best to deal
with them.

We must also remember that we are not in the same situation as we are with,
for example, XML parsers.  The JWSDL API itself is still under development.
That's why it is so important that there be good lines of communication
between the WSDL4J and Axis development teams.  Automated posting of cvs
diffs would be a good start.  Failing that, simple e-mails would suffice.

- Sam Ruby