axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew Duftler" <duft...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Some updates to the code...
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:25:46 GMT

Hi Sam,

Yup, we know you guys are using the code.

>The only thing I would like to ask is that whenever possible consider the
>early adopters in your thought process and perhaps communicate these
>changes a wee bit before they are commited...

Ok. The particular changes which broke your build process were discussed
and posted to our site
(http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jsr110-eg-disc/files/Issues/Resolutions/issue_7.txt)

on August 9th (not the code, just the proposed solution). The other changes
that are described on our site will also be made shortly.

The changes that will be committed over the next few days will definitely
break your nightly builds (they are changes to some of the exposed APIs,
not just the internal stuff). Maybe you'd be better off using the tagged
0_8 snapshot, instead of the latest tree for now. Then when the changes are
done, we can get together and figure out what changes need to be made to
your integration.

Thanks,
-Matt

                    Sam

                    Ruby/Raleigh/I       To:     jsr110-eg-disc@yahoogroups.com

                    BM@IBMUS             cc:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                                         Subject:     Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Some updates to
the code...
                    11/21/2001

                    11:23 AM

                    Please respond

                    jsr110-eg-disc

Hi Matt -

In case you were not aware (though undoubtably you are), Axis is an early
adopter of this technology.  The changes you made last night affect our
usage.  You can see the implications of these changes here:
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/gump/2001-11-21/xml-axis.html .  We
recognize that we are early adopters and that the specifications are not
yet done, so these types of changes are clearly not unexpected.  We intend
to keep up, in fact the changes required to Axis are already committed!

The only thing I would like to ask is that whenever possible consider the
early adopters in your thought process and perhaps communicate these
changes a wee bit before they are commited...  In fact, feel free to look
at the Axis implementation at any time to let us know if you see any
assumptions we may be making that are, in your opinion, unexpected or
unwise.

Thanks!

- Sam Ruby

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95