axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: wsdl2java and xkms definition
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2001 13:40:04 GMT
Since this wsdl doesn't provide a name for the fault, the fault name is
null and produces a NullPointerException.  By my reading of the WSDL spec,
a fault name is required, so this is bad WSDL.

Be aware that Wsdl2java doesn't yet handle faults properly according to
JAX-RPC.  It SHOULD derive the name from the name of the fault's message
instead of the name of the fault itself.  This is one of those points where
we implemented an early draft of JAX-RPC but haven't updated it to the
latest draft.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

chrishaddad@netscape.net (Chris Haddad) on 11/03/2001 10:45:44 PM