axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [jsr110-eg-disc] Some updates to the code...
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:53:57 GMT
Matthew Duftler wrote:

> The changes that will be committed over the next few days will definitely
> break your nightly builds (they are changes to some of the exposed APIs,
> not just the internal stuff). Maybe you'd be better off using the tagged
> 0_8 snapshot, instead of the latest tree for now. Then when the changes are
> done, we can get together and figure out what changes need to be made to
> your integration.

I'm a big fan of communicate early and often.  A snapshot of wsdl4j is
committed to the axis tree so that work can progress independently, but
meanwhile I do a nightly build with the latest and alert the Axis dev
mailing list of any issues that are encountered in the process.

My preference is that Axis does not lag behind changes for more than a few
days at a time, this way we can best provide timely feedback on any issues
that we might encounter.

- Sam Ruby