axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tim McClure <Tim.McCl...@casi-rusco.com>
Subject Performance
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 15:57:47 GMT
I apoligize if this is a resubmission.  I am sending it again because I sent
it before I was confirmed on the mailing list.

I am do some out of box testing between XML-RPC and AXIS SOAP and am
experience a significant perfromance difference.  XML-RPC processes 331
message per second while AXIS only does 21 message per second.  I expected a
SOAP implementation to be slower than an XML-RPC implementation but not by
that much.  Does anyone no why the AXIS test was so slow?  Is it possibly a
configuration issue ( i.e. XML validation turned on) ?

Tim McClure
tim.mcclure@casi-rusco.com