axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject WSDD - proposed change
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2001 21:02:51 GMT

I'd like to make service deployment easier - WSDD is great (and simple!) in
a number of ways, but the whole service/provider configuration isn't one of
them.  Here's a proposed new scheme:

Instead of <provider> elements which sit inside the service element, we have
a service type attribute which is a QName:

<service name="MyService" type="java:RPC">

Preregistered ones include java:RPC, java:Message, java:EJB, and
axis:Handler.  New ones are pluggable.

Now the issue becomes getting provider-specific options in the right place.
The way the code works right now is that there is a single shared instance
of each type of provider, which pulls options from the Service itself, so I
propose we leave it that way -

<service name="MyService" type="java:RPC">
 <parameter name="className" value="glen.TestService"/>
 <parameter name="methodName" value="*"/>
 <parameter name="otherServiceSpecificOption" value="foo"/>
</service>

What do you think?

--Glen