axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject FW: PROPOSAL: New name for combined SOAP implementation project
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2001 16:40:22 GMT

> Just wondering - what's wrong with just keeping "Axis"?  Its already
> a pretty generic name.

+1
I like the name Axis, and it seems like we have already gone through a name
picking process at the time the Axis project was created.

I am unclear on what exactly will happen. Will we merge the Apache SOAP code
in to the Axis source?  Will we merge Axis in to the SOAP code?  Will we
start a new tree, and use WASP as the starting point?

What exactly do we expect to change about Axis development if we do this?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia