axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: What do we do with operation types: notification, solicit-re sponse?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2001 18:03:36 GMT

I would say generating a warning (and adding an option to suppress warnings)
and ignoring the operation would be a reasonable thing to do.

This would allow someone to use a WSDL file which had one-way operations in
it in addition to the request-response operations that they wanted to use.

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2001 12:59 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: What do we do with operation types: notification,
solicit-response?

WSDL defines 4 operation types:
   request-response:  in message, out message, fault message optional
   one-way: in message
   solicit-response:  out message, in message, fault message optional
   notification:  out message

JAX-RPC says "JAX-RPC 1.0 specification supports the mapping of operations
with request-response and one-way transmission primitives.  The standard
Java mapping of operations defined with other transmission primitives
(notification, solicit-response) is considered out of scope in the JAX-RPC
1.0 specification."

Earlier we had decided to throw an exception if Wsdl2java encounters a
notification or solicit-response operation.  But now that I'm thinking
about implementing this check, I have a question.  Do we complain and
ignore the operation, generating everything else?  Or do we fail outright
and not generate anything?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com