axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: WSDL Crimson vs. Xerces parser problem.
Date Fri, 30 Nov 2001 04:06:44 GMT
Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> Edwin,
>
> We ran into a problem with crimson. Here's a test case (test.java and FileGen.wsdl).
Can you
> please take a look. I was able to recreate the problem with latest crimson from cvs.
Also see
> below a stack trace.

I believe the problem is with the input WSDL file not being Namespace
REC conformant.  There is a tag on line 97 '<http:binding verb="GET"'
where the "http" prefix has not yet been defined.  I've modified the
test program to install an ErrorHandler which prints out the error.

The way crimson works is that the DOM tree is built via SAX events and
so produced the misleading stack trace.  I agree that it could be
improved.  I am attaching a new version of the test program which
installs an ErrorHandler.

-Edwin