axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Ravi Kumar <rku...@borland.com>
Subject Re: WSDL Generation Stuff
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:55:03 GMT
response below

Ravi
JBuilder Development
Borland

James M Snell wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I can't remember exactly who it is that is working on the WSDL generation
> stuff, but I've got a few issues:
>
> 1. What is the timeline for a complete commandline wsdl gen tool?  I saw
> that some code has been committed, but I can't get it to work.  If it does
> work, can somebody please post an example of how it does work.

I checked in some initial framework code this weekend. No, it's not done yet.
I am hoping to have the basic stuff working this week.

> 2. Are there any plans to enable complex type support in the autogen'd
> WSDL?  Currently, the code produces something like:
>
>      <definitions>
>             <message name="someMessage">
>                    <port name="partName" type="ns1:MyComplexType" />
>             </message>
>      </definitions>
>
>     Without ever defining  "ns1:MyComplexType" in a schema. This should be
> completed for a 1.0 release.

That's one of my main tasks - to add type support. Otherwise, I am using the
WsdlUtils which is there right now

> 3. Would it be possible to have Axis reference an already existing WSDL
> document rather than creating one every time.  The WSDD can be used to
> link to a WSDL that describes the service interface (message, portType and
> binding) and Axis can autogenerate something that looks like:
>
>     <definitions>
>         <import namespace="..." location="preexisting wsdl doc" />
>         <service name="SomeService">
>             <port name="SomePort" binding="abc:SomeBinding">
>                  <soap:address ... />
>             </port>
>         </service>
>     </definitions>
>
>    We would need to add something like the following to WSDD and modify
> the registry and WSDL code to support it.
>
>    <wsdd:service ...>
>        <wsdd:description location="preexisting wsdl doc" namespace="..."
> binding="binding_name" />
>    </wsdd:service>

Haven't gotten that far yet. I posted a list of things I had in mind on
friday, I will add this to it as well.