axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Elena Litani <elit...@ca.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Status update: Axis w/Xerces2
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:13:50 GMT

Davanum Srinivas wrote:

> NullPointerException. This is due to the URI that is stored...In Xerces2 getURI() returns
null, in
> Xerces1 getURI() returns an empty string. If you need more information, shoot me a mail.

In Xerces2 we've decided to use null instead of empty string for URI.
As a temporary solution, I can fix the problem in AbstractSAXParser
(getURI() - to return "" instead of null).
However, I am not sure that this is right - I believe that the problem
is in SAX definition.
Why is it required that URI would be an empty string, which btw is not a
legal URI?

--
Elena Litani / IBM Toronto